Weekly study6 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Health Technology Assessment in Practice
Develop an understanding of how HTA is used in different countries
There are wide cultural and systemic differences between countries, meaning there is no ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach to HTA.
This three-week course will help you explore HTA in practice in a variety of countries as you discover health technology assessment in different jurisdictions.
Explore case studies from HTA agencies
Examining case studies by HTA agencies, you’ll learn about their processes, methods, stakeholder engagement, and some of their challenges.
You will also see that although the scientific assessment of the available data may be similar wherever the HTA is undertaken, the way in which a technology is appraised (that is, how the assessment is used to devise recommendations on its value in healthcare) may vary from country to country.
Discover how decision-making skills play a key role in HTA
You’ll continue to explore HTA in the wider context to learn more about how countries make trade-offs between costs and benefits in their decision-making.
This knowledge will help you understand the number of elements that affect judgement calls, and how HTA bodies navigate this.
Learn from the experts at The University of Glasgow
Guided by the specialists at the Health Economics and Health Technology Assessment (HEHTA) Research Group at the University of Glasgow, you’ll finish the course with a sound understanding of HTA.
You’ll have both the theoretical and practical knowledge to immediately start applying HTA to your workplace.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Debate how different HTA bodies make trade-offs between costs and benefits to make appropriate judgements/decision-making
- Explore the wider context in which HTA exists – health systems, guidance, evidence
- Investigate different roles and structures of HTA bodies
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for those working in healthcare including HTA agencies, healthcare professionals, researchers, and pharmaceutical industries.
It will help learners understand the methods of HTA and know how to use them in practice.
Who developed the course?
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends