Weekly study3 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 4 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Healthy Vegan Cooking with BBC Good Food
Discover healthy vegan recipes
Whether it’s for ethics, the planet, or your health, there are many reasons why you might want to follow a vegan diet or simply introduce more vegan meals into your life.
On this four-week course, you’ll explore how to follow and maintain a healthy vegan diet.
You’ll learn how to identify the main food groups you should include and how to cook and create delicious meals that satisfy and nourish you on your vegan journey.
To gain a comprehensive understanding of a vegan diet, you’ll look at the difference between vegan and other common diets such as vegetarian and plant-based before exploring the reasons why one might choose to adopt a vegan one.
Explore the role of macronutrients and micronutrients in a vegan diet
You’ll learn the core concepts of a balanced diet and which vegan foods can provide daily nutrients.
You’ll learn how to modify meals whilst maintaining flavour and understand the role of macronutrients and micronutrients in the vegan diet.
Create a vegan meal plan with cupboard essentials
Throughout the course, you’ll learn how to navigate common vegan cooking mishaps, stock your kitchen with store cupboard staples, and discover new favourite recipes to enjoy and share with friends and family.
Learning from the experts at BBC Good food, you’ll finish the course with a one-week vegan meal plan and the confidence to ensure a balanced and delicious vegan diet.
Healthy vegan cooking with BBC Good Food explores how to cook and eat in a nutritionally balanced way while maintaining a vegan diet. This course will look at the difference between a vegan diet and other common diets such as vegetarian and plant-based. We will examine the foundational pillars of vegan nutrition and learn to identify the key nutrients that you might be missing. You’ll learn about how to navigate common vegan cooking mishaps, stock your kitchen with our recommended storecupboard staples and discover new favourite recipes to enjoy and share with friends and family.
You’ll also learn about:
• the difference between vegetarian, vegan and plant-based ways of eating
• some of the reasons one might choose a vegan diet
• macronutrient and a vegan diet
• micronutrients and a vegan diet
• planning meals and store-cupboard staples
• common vegan cooking mishaps and meat substitutes
• balanced and delicious vegan recipes to try
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Assess the difference between vegetarian, vegan and plant-based ways of eating
- Describe some of the reasons one might choose a vegan diet
- Identify key nutrients and sources on a vegan diet
- Design healthy vegan meals using store-cupboard staples
- Solve common vegan cooking mishaps
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone interested in eating and cooking vegan meals, whether you’re a new or existing vegan or you simply want to cook more vegan food.
It will help you learn more about veganism and maintaining a healthy and varied diet.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends