Learn which populations are vulnerable to diabetes and how to engage them.
Learn what the research says to better engage vulnerable populations in diabetes education. Understand which populations are vulnerable and why and how to engage them in diabetes education.
Topics we will cover include:
- barriers to participation
- vulnerable populations
- populations at risk
- improving access for vulnerable populations
- the role of health care providers in improving health outcomes
- what does the research tell us?
- what is the role of diabetes education?
Who is the course for?
This course is targeted at:
- people wanting to understand the causes, types and treatment of diabetes
- health professionals wanting to reduce the prevalence and impact of diabetes.