Weekly study3 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
How to Get Started in eCommerce
Understand the eCommerce basics and get started in online retail
eCommerce is one of the fastest growing industries globally, booming like never before. It’s an extremely exciting industry with a lot of potential and many opportunities.
On this course, you’ll get a rundown of the basics of eCommerce and getting started in the industry. You’ll cover everything you need to know about how eCommerce works, from where to focus your business, how to structure it, and where to get started with selling.
Discover the five main eCommerce business models
You’ll learn about five key business models that are used in eCommerce, assessing their pros and cons. You’ll also look at trends and focus areas within eCommerce for an insight into where you can adapt to get the best results.
Explore the frameworks for success in eCommerce
Building an eCommerce store can be an overwhelming task with many different decisions to make. That’s why it’s important to have a framework to take control of the entire process in a logical way.
You’ll assess what makes a good framework, covering topics such as goals and strategies, policies, and tools. When mapping out your framework, you’ll discuss the 9Ps and 4Cs of eCommerce, useful tools to make sure you address all the key decisions in a cohesive manner.
Compare different platforms to develop your business
One of the biggest decisions you need to make on your eCommerce journey is which platform to use to set up your online store and sell online. Luckily, there are now exceptional capabilities with eCommerce platforms such as Shopify and BigCommerce.
This course will guide you through what makes a good platform and how to identify the best one for your business. You’ll then assess and compare different platforms, as well as looking at the role of marketplaces like Amazon, Etsy, and eBay in eCommerce.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Define what is an e-commerce platform
- Apply the 9Ps of eCommerce: the discrete activities that underpin every aspect of an eCommerce business
- Identify eCommerce platforms that you need to power your store
- Compare some of the payment mechanisms that you need to get paid by your customers
- Evaluate what exactly is a marketplace
- Explore selling on the biggest marketplaces, Amazon, and eBay and others
Who is the course for?
This course has been designed for anyone responsible for eCommerce in their organisation. If you’re new to the role, this is a great course to develop your expertise.
It’s also a good opportunity to upgrade your skills if you’re a small business owner looking to develop the eCommerce channel in your business.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.