Weekly study4 hours
How to Open a Restaurant
Learn all about starting a business in the food industry
On this course, you’ll gain the key knowledge you need to start a successful restaurant business.
Training with world-leading hospitality experts at the Swiss Education Group (SEG), you’ll come away able to create profitable menus, structure and organise a kitchen, and build a brilliant brand.
Get winning strategies for being a top restaurant entrepreneur
Gain the know-how necessary to succeed as a restaurant entrepreneur in the competitive food and beverage industry.
You’ll study what works and what doesn’t when opening a restaurant, examining exactly what works in the food industry – and what doesn’t.
Learning why restaurants fail, you’ll study what you can do to avoid common pitfalls and give yourself the best chance of sustainable success.
Examine global food trends and create a great marketing strategy
You’ll explore how to create a strong brand that resonates with customers and builds an audience, using design thinking to help build a strong concept for your restaurant.
Identify the hottest current trends in the food world, and see how you can tap into the latest innovation in the industry, building a full digital marketing strategy that works for the food sector in the social media age.
Perfect your menu design and sales strategy
Consider how to create irresistible and profitable menus that take suppliers, human resources, and costs into consideration.
You’ll finish the course able to build a professional sales strategy, confident in your ability to become a successful and innovative restaurateur.
- Restaurants failures and main reasons
- Global Food Trends and Innovation
- Building a strong concept and Design Thinking
- Marketing, Social Media, and Photography
- Menu Design, Kitchen structure and Organisation
- Finances and Sales Strategy
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore different winning strategies to open a restaurant. Ask yourself the right questions and find the right answers for a good business statement
- Identify the success and failure drivers in the food and beverage industry. To avoid the gaps and traps of starting a business and become a sustainable value creator
- Develop a strong brand so your customers will fall in love with it. Create a full marketing strategy with a strong focus on social media
- Design irresistible and profitable menus while taking into consideration the different challenges, such as suppliers, costs and inspiration
Who is the course for?
This course would appeal to anyone with a passion for food who wants to develop their entrepreneurial skills. This includes budding restaurateurs, business owners, food and beverage managers, and hoteliers.