How to Use a Drone for Security Purposes
Discover the best practices for drone security
Drone technology is becoming more and more relevant to the security industry.
On this six-week course from The Institute for Drone Technology, you’ll learn how to operate a drone for security purposes such as perimeter patrolling and security systems inspections and assessment.
Explore drone hazard identification and safety procedures
Before using drones for security, it’s important to understand how they work and what precautions you need to take for optimum safety.
This course will guide you through the hardware and software used in remotely piloted aircrafts (RPAs). You’ll then look at assessing and identifying hazards when using drones for security, and how you might manage and reduce any potential risks to improve safety.
Develop processes to analyse data from your security drones
Drones can be extremely useful for collecting a wide variety of data remotely. This can not only speed up a number of processes but also make any reports much more comprehensive and recommendations more accurate.
You’ll learn how to plan and perform data analysis using drones, from collecting data to interpreting and reporting that data to the best effect.
Learn from the experts at The Institute for Drone Technology
Drawing from their own experiences with security clients, The Institute for Drone Technology is uniquely positioned to teach you everything you need to know about using drones for security.
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Assess methods for collecting data for security purposes.
- Design flight missions to collect data for security purposes.
- Apply knowledge about data requirements for security drone operations in conducting flight missions.
- Perform flight missions for security purposes.
- Report on results of flight missions for security purposes.
- Produce recommendations from data collected during flight missions.
- Identify potential risks and hazards to flight missions and take actions to mitigate them.
- Identify client requirements for flight missions.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone interested in using drones for security purposes, whether for yourself or for third-party clients.
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.