Weekly study2 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
HSK Standard Course Level 1: 1.1
Gain the first solid footing on the Chinese learning journey, achieving HSK 1
On this interactive five-week course from Chinese Plus, you’ll build a solid foundation of the Chinese language to use in everyday situations.
You’ll start by developing your phonetic knowledge of Chinese before exploring a variety of topics to help you understand and communicate in different contexts.
Through engaging videos and content, you’ll explore the Chinese phonetic system (pinyin). This system will help you overcome the challenges of connecting the written Chinese characters with their corresponding sounds, so you can master your pronunciation alongside your language learning.
Discover useful Chinese phrases and greetings
As you explore different language points, you’ll learn everyday phrases to help you communicate useful information.
You’ll learn greetings and how to introduce yourself with your name, age, and nationality.
To share more personal information and build better relationships, you’ll also discover how to talk about your family and profession.
Explore basic Chinese writing
To further help you communicate in Chinese, you’ll develop a good understanding of the Chinese writing system. This includes basic strokes and writing sequences of Chinese characters.
Discover Chinese culture
As part of developing your understanding of the Chinese language, you’ll explore the contemporary culture and life in China.
You’ll also have the opportunity to engage with native speakers to communicate in common everyday situations.
Throughout the course, you’ll be guided by the experts at Chinese Plus, a leading educational organisation. Learning from qualified and experienced teachers, this course follow the Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi (HSK) curriculum and help you prepare for the HSK level 1 test.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify Chinese phonetic system (Pinyin)
- Demonstrate a good understanding of Chinese writing system, including writing rules and basic strokes
- Engage with native speakers to communicate in a common everyday situation
- Explore the contemporary culture and life in China
- Contribute to successfully sit the Chinese Proficiency Exam HSK level 1
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone who would like to develop their basic knowledge of Chinese.
You don’t need any prior experience or knowledge. This course will help you develop your listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills in Chinese.
It will be particularly useful if you are going to take the HSK level 1 test.
Who developed the course?
Chinese Plus lends support to domestic and foreign educational institutions, social organizations, and enterprises to take part in Online Chinese Class and set up localized platforms to conduct remote online Chinese education. It offers an all-in-one service package that includes online “teaching, learning, testing, and researching” as well as Chinese-centered online preparatory courses and “Chinese + vocational education” courses, among other services.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends