Weekly study2 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
HSK Standard Course Level 1: 1.2
Gain the first solid footing on the Chinese learning journey, achieving HSK 1
On this five-week course, you’ll advance your study of the Chinese language as you begin to explore sentence structure.
This understanding will help you learn how to ask questions and the basic language techniques to express “can”, “how”, “want”, “would like” and “where”.
You’ll also learn to ask questions with the interrogative particle “ne”.
Learn days of the week in Chinese
On the course, you’ll explore how to communicate the days of the week and months of the year.
You’ll also learn how to how to ask for and offer information about location, as well as discussing amounts of money. This knowledge will help you with the everyday interactions you could face when travelling in China.
Start to unpack Chinese sentence structure
As you start to construct sentences, you’ll learn more about sentence structure to help ensure you can clearly express your ideas.
You’ll discover serial verb constructions, how to structure an existential sentence, and using imperative sentences with “please”.
Learn about life in China
Throughout the course, you’ll hear from native speakers and language teaching professionals to explore both Chinese culture and language.
Whether you want to work, study, or travel in China, each interactive step of the course will ensure you finish with the knowledge and confidence to communicate in Chinese.
This course follow the Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi (HSK) curriculum and help you prepare for the HSK level 1 test.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify tone collocations in Chinese phonetic system (Pinyin)
- Demonstrate a good understanding of structures and radicals of Chinese characters
- Engage with native speakers to communicate in a common everyday situation
- Explore the contemporary culture and life in China
- Contribute to successfully sit the Chinese Proficiency Exam HSK level 1
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone who would like to develop their basic knowledge of Chinese.
You don’t need any prior experience or knowledge. This course will help you develop your listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills in Chinese.
It will be particularly useful if you are going to take the HSK level 1 test or for those who completed HSK 1.1.
Who developed the course?
Chinese Plus lends support to domestic and foreign educational institutions, social organizations, and enterprises to take part in Online Chinese Class and set up localized platforms to conduct remote online Chinese education. It offers an all-in-one service package that includes online “teaching, learning, testing, and researching” as well as Chinese-centered online preparatory courses and “Chinese + vocational education” courses, among other services.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends