Weekly study8 hours
Human Resource Development and Learning
The focus of human resource development and learning is on the individual and on how to build expertise to improve organisational performance. Technology has shaped the way we learn and has provided innovative and cost effective methods to encourage personal and organisational growth.
In this course, you’ll examine the concept of human resource development (HRD) and how people learn. You’ll also explore the growth of e-learning and the ongoing developments within the digital learning space, including the use of MOOCs, game-based and blended approaches to enhance learning.
- Human resource development (HRD): models and strategies
- Learning theories
- The learning organisation
- The future of HRD
- E-learning: benefits and challenges
- HRD in a changing environment: MOOCs, gamification and blended learning
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify ways in which HRD contributes to the overall mission of the organisation
- Explain the concept and theories of the learning organisation
- Recognise the internal and external barriers to learning and development
- Explore the role e-learning has to play in the future of HRD in organisations
Who is the course for?
This course would suit professionals at all levels in an organisation, across all disciplines. It may be of particular interest to those in leadership or managerial roles - looking to improve business processes by managing organisational behaviour.