Weekly study10 hours
Teaching and Learning Strategies
Develop your knowledge of the planning and application of education strategies
The factors considered by the nurse teacher in the choice of learning opportunities include the purpose of learning, the subject matter and the student’s previous experience and related knowledge. The teacher uses knowledge of learning theory and curriculum expectations to guide the design of learning environments.
- Teaching strategies in nurse education
- Designing learning outcomes
- Using available opportunities – planning and flexibility
- The characteristics of an effective teacher in nurse education
- Examining the application of learning theory to the planning of learning
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Assess the application of a range of teaching/learning strategies to their individual area of nursing practice.
Who is the course for?
This course is for MSc Nursing students.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.