Weekly study10 hours
Emergency Planning and Preparedness Implementation
Analyse the structure and focus of different types of emergency plan
In an ever changing and developing world, the need for an emergency plan to be effectively implemented within different contexts is in high demand.
You will assess the components of the emergency plan before identifying the key stages in plan development.
You’ll also explore the process for recovery planning to establish the ‘new norm’, after which you will be introduced to capability planning and the implementation process.
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
Who is the course for?
Anybody with an interest in emergency planning and preparedness. If you’re looking to study the full MSc Emergency Planning Management and Resilience degree, or are working in or planning a career in the emergency planning and preparedness world, this course is for you.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.
Who will you learn with?
An Emergency Planner, specialising in crowd safety. Course Director for the MSc degrees in Emergency Management & Resilience, Disaster Management & Resilience, and Crowded Places & Public Safety.
Learning on FutureLearn
Your learning, your rules
- Courses are split into weeks, activities, and steps to help you keep track of your learning
- Learn through a mix of bite-sized videos, long- and short-form articles, audio, and practical activities
- Stay motivated by using the Progress page to keep track of your step completion and assessment scores
Join a global classroom
- Experience the power of social learning, and get inspired by an international network of learners
- Share ideas with your peers and course educators on every step of the course
- Join the conversation by reading, @ing, liking, bookmarking, and replying to comments from others
Map your progress
- As you work through the course, use notifications and the Progress page to guide your learning
- Whenever you’re ready, mark each step as complete, you’re in control
Want to know more about learning on FutureLearn? Using FutureLearn