- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study2 hours
- Extra BenefitsFrom $44
Improving Computing Classroom Practice Through Action Research
Apply action research to your teaching and become a more reflective practitioner
Through this course, you will become familiar with the process of classroom action research, and plan your own classroom-based investigation.
You will learn about how this cyclic process can help develop lasting improvement in your practice. Together with other participants, you will reflect on challenges that you face in your learning environment, and use computing education research to explore possible solutions.
At the end of this course, you will be ready to run your project in school. You will also be invited to join a follow-up course to learn about analysing and sharing your findings.
What topics will you cover?
- Classroom action research as a tool for continual professional development
- Quantitative and qualitative approaches to research
- Identifying research themes and questions
- Designing a project and selecting outcomes
- Producing a project plan for a trial in the classroom
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Reflect on teaching and learning in your classroom, highlighting any challenges
- Develop evidence-based solutions to address challenges in the classroom
- Assess and evaluate different sources of research and evidence in order to select the most useful
- Develop a theory of action to communicate the challenges you face and the actions you have selected for dealing with those challenges
- Collaborate with fellow participants, sharing research ideas and discussing your project with learners with similar goals
Who is the course for?
This course is for any educator interested in developing their computing practice and pedagogy. Regardless of which subjects you teach, computing tools as well as concepts and content will have a bearing on your teaching in a modern classroom.
Whatever your teaching background this course will give you the skills to run your own action research project.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #RPiLearn to talk about this course on social media.