Improving your speaking skills
This online course takes you through how to improve your English speaking skills. With a focus on delivering great presentations, you will review what makes a presentation a success.
You will break down the structure of a presentation step-by-step and identify the key language points. You will use what you have learned to write your own presentation, which you will present at the end of the course.
- Overview of presentation structure and language
- Designing a presentation: using visual aids
- Delivering a presentation - putting it all together
- Pronunciation for effective delivery
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Develop a presentation appropriate for a specific purpose and audience
- Use pronunication features and non-verbal communication to deliver an effective presentation
- Produce suitable visual aids to support an academic presentation
Who is the course for?
This course is for students on the Coventry University pre-sessional English award. It is relevant for students who will be continuing their studies online and on-campus.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.