Weekly study7 hours
Improving your Presentation Skills
Improving your speaking skills
This online course takes you through how to improve your English speaking skills. With a focus on delivering great presentations, you will review what makes a presentation a success.
You will break down the structure of a presentation step-by-step and identify the key language points. You will use what you have learned to write your own presentation, which you will present at the end of the course.
- Overview of presentation structure and language
- Designing a presentation: using visual aids
- Delivering a presentation - putting it all together
- Pronunciation for effective delivery
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Develop a presentation appropriate for a specific purpose and audience
- Use pronunication features and non-verbal communication to deliver an effective presentation
- Produce suitable visual aids to support an academic presentation
Who is the course for?
This course is for students on the Coventry University pre-sessional English award. It is relevant for students who will be continuing their studies online and on-campus.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.
What software or tools do you need?
To take part in this course you will need access to a computer or laptop with a webcam, a reliable internet connection, speakers, and a microphone.