Weekly study6 hours
Learn how to critically evaluate security incidents and respond accordingly
This course examines some of the key concepts behind the idea of a security incident, and presents some of the possible responses which will be explored in later courses.
- Anatomy of a security incident
- Events vs incidents
- Incident Response (IR) lifecycle
- The IR process
- IR policies and procedures
- Provenance of evidence
- IR in the business context
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Assess what is and is not a security incident
- Evaluate a set of incident response processes and policies
Who is the course for?
This course is for students wishing to learn how best to approach and respond to a variety of security incidents.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.