Learn how to critically evaluate security incidents and respond accordingly
This course examines some of the key concepts behind the idea of a security incident, and presents some of the possible responses which will be explored in later courses.
- Anatomy of a security incident
- Events vs incidents
- Incident Response (IR) lifecycle
- The IR process
- IR policies and procedures
- Provenance of evidence
- IR in the business context
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Assess what is and is not a security incident
- Evaluate a set of incident response processes and policies
Who is the course for?
This course is for students wishing to learn how best to approach and respond to a variety of security incidents.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.