This course is part of the Instagram Marketing Essentials ExpertTrack
Grow Your Instagram Following
Learn how to build your social media following, use collaborations, and work with influencers to enhance your audience reach.
Weekly study4 hours
100% onlineHow it works
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/monthFind out more
Grow Your Instagram Following
Other courses you might like
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Attract new users to your Instagram Business Account
With over a billion monthly users on Instagram, it can be difficult to get your posts noticed by your target audience and grow your following.
Using techniques employed by top influencers, this two-week course will equip you with all the skills to build your following from the ground up.
Discover social media marketing tools to increase your Instagram visibility
On this course, you’ll explore a range of tools to get your Instagram profile noticed. You’ll delve into the world of partnerships and collaborations, before investigating the impact of influencer marketing.
With these insights, you can adapt your marketing strategy, using outreach techniques that align with your brand vision.
Learn how influencer marketing strategies and brand collaborations can help your brand thrive
By collaborating with an influencer or brand, you’ll gain instant access to their following, growing your potential audience in an instant.
Using case studies, you’ll analyse successful influencer campaigns and examine different methods of collaboration, learning how to find the right influencer or brand that shares your vision.
With this knowledge, you’ll be able to develop mutually beneficial partnerships that take advantage of brand bases and creative insights.
Improve your community management and engagement knowledge
By interacting with your followers, you can build a community based on a reputation of audience engagement.
You’ll examine reciprocal and outbound engagement, as well as community management skills, to ensure you deliver timely replies and comment on trending topics.
By the end of this course, you’ll have learned how to develop brand engagement on Instagram. You’ll be able to use a range of strategies to develop partnerships to elevate your brand’s outreach on IG.
What topics will you cover?
- Finding Instagram Followers
- Community Management and Engagement
- Partnerships and Collaborations
- Influencer Marketing
- Successful Influencer Campaigns
Prove you're job ready
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify the two main ways to attract profile visitors
- Create strategic hashtags for your business
- Identify the four tactics to generate fast and high engagement
- Identify the steps you can take to get your post on ‘top posts’
- Describe the two optimal ways to use photo tags
- Describe effective methods of reciprocal engagement used to grow follower numbers
- Identify best practices for a share-for-share partnership
- Explain key features and processes when it comes to creating UGC
- Identify three types of influencers
Who is the course for?
This course is for social media marketers, advertisers, and users, who want to increase their following and build a brand base on Instagram.
What software or tools do you need?
You’ll need to have the Instagram app on your phone.
Who will you learn with?
Co-Founder and Co-CEO of Social Media College. Passionate about all things digital marketing and love working with our students to help them achieve their success using the power of social media.
Who developed the course?
Social Media College
Social Media College is the market leader for social media education. They work with the world’s top social media experts who use all the social platforms every day to deliver real life education that will help accelerate your business and career.
They are all about providing their students with the best possible outcomes and applicable skills - not just irrelevant theory.
Start learning today - free 7-day trial
After your free trial you can:
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends
Learning on FutureLearn
Your learning, your rules
- Courses are split into weeks, activities, and steps to help you keep track of your learning
- Learn through a mix of bite-sized videos, long- and short-form articles, audio, and practical activities
- Stay motivated by using the Progress page to keep track of your step completion and assessment scores
Join a global classroom
- Experience the power of social learning, and get inspired by an international network of learners
- Share ideas with your peers and course educators on every step of the course
- Join the conversation by reading, @ing, liking, bookmarking, and replying to comments from others
Map your progress
- As you work through the course, use notifications and the Progress page to guide your learning
- Whenever you’re ready, mark each step as complete, you’re in control
- Complete 90% of course steps and all of the assessments to earn your certificate
Want to know more about learning on FutureLearn? Using FutureLearn
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #SMCFutureLearn to talk about this course on social media.