Develop your intercultural competence to improve cross-cultural management
According to The Economist, 90% of executives in 68 countries say cross-cultural management is their biggest challenge. Good intercultural communication and an understanding of cultural differences are necessary to navigate the international realities of modern business.
These skills together are defined as intercultural competence.
On this cross-cultural training course, you will develop the skills and knowledge needed to meet the global challenges today’s world presents. You will learn how to succeed in an international business environment, and appreciate the value of cultural differences.
What topics will you cover?
- Basics of intercultural competency
- Importance of intercultural competency
- Openness and cultural diversity
- Curiosity and intercultural relationships
- Self-awareness and behavior with cultural differences
- Worldview frameworks and different cultural backgrounds
- Cultural differences in non-verbal communication
- Skill of non-verbal communication
- Skill of verbal communication between diverse cultures
- Intercultural empathy and outrospection
- Skill of intercultural empathy
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
Who is the course for?
This cross-cultural training course is for anyone looking to improve their intercultural competence.
This could be those directly involved in cross-cultural management. It could be those working in an international business context in which intercultural communication is a day-to-day reality.
Intercultural competence is more widely relevant to a wide range of business functions, including: HR, marketing, IT management, and more.
Students aspiring to work in an environment rich in cultural differences can also benefit. No prior experience is necessary.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Get a taste of this course
Find out what this course is like by previewing some of the course steps before you join:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLInterculturalCompetence to talk about this course on social media.