Weekly study2 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Extra BenefitsFrom $49
What is International Development?
Discover the fascinating study of international development
On this course, you will learn how international development is conceptualised, imagined and communicated as an area of study.
You will consider the ways international development impacts individuals living in different parts of the world, focusing on Nairobi in Kenya.
You will use the example of Nairobi to relate abstract concepts and debates to the lived experiences of real people.
Upon completion of this course, you’ll have a deeper understanding of indicators of development, population growth, migration, urbanisation, and environmental issues like waste and pollution.
We have facilitation dates planned with our course team for:
- 14th September - 16th October 2020
- 8th February - 12th March 2021
- 10th May - 11th June 2021
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain the key ideas, concepts and debates in international development
- Evaluate the different meanings and perceptions of development
- Investigate how development is measured
- Assess how 'development'and 'developing countries' are represented
- Explore the causes and consequences of population growth and distribution
- Describe urbanisation and the motivations that attract people to cities
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone interested in diversity across the world.
It will be of particular interest to those considering study or work in international development.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.