Discover the language and culture of Malaysia
Over 60 million people speak Malay; it is an official language of several countries including Singapore and Malaysia. On this course you’ll get an introduction to the basics of Malay and discover more about Malaysia as a place and culture. This means learning to speak simple Malay and learning about writing in Malay, practicing both until you can identity common words and phrases used by native speakers. Plus you will explore fascinating Malay culture learning more about the many interesting places in Malaysia.
The course videos will be conducted in Malay with English subtitles.
What topics will you cover?
- Reading and listening to dialogues about yourself, foods and interesting places.
- Understanding the basic grammar through the use of personal pronouns, verbs, adjectives, plurals, conjunctions, prepositions and auxiliaries.
- Learning basic words and phrases i.e. greeting people, asking and answering simple questions.
- Writing and speaking activities.
- Introducing Malaysian culture, various foods and interesting places in Malaysia.
Upgrade - $49
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLmalay to talk about this course on social media.