Introducing Personal Lines Insurance
Personal lines insurance is one of the major components that make up the global financial services industry. On this course, you will be introduced to the various types of insurance and their function.
You will cover how and why personal lines insurance is taken out and learn how insurance products are distributed. You will also understand the structure of the insurance market, key roles in the insurance industry, and the concept of risk.
If you are involved in the design or distribution of Personal Lines insurance in the UK or EU, the IDD legislation requires you to complete a minimum of 15 CPD hours per year. Completion of this course can count as 8 hours of your 15 hour minimum annual requirement.
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe what insurance is, how it started and why personal lines insurance is important
- Identify the different components and categories of risk in insurance
- Discuss why people buy insurance and the needs of different types of customer
- Describe the workings of the risk pool
- Identify different market participants and describe their roles in the market
- Identify the policy documents and why we have them
- Describe the main types of personal lines insurance
- Compare the different ways insurance is sold
- Identify the key job roles in insurance
- Describe customer service, when it happens and how we can tell if it is good
- Demonstrate good customer service skills
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone looking to deepen their understanding of how personal lines insurance works. This includes people interested in working in the insurance industry or gaining qualifications in the subject in the future.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.