Weekly study2 hours
Introduction to Fashion Marketing and Research
Use data analysis to predict future fashion trends
Marketing research can help businesses understand both their customers and the industry as a whole.
On this two-week course, you’ll explore marketing research tools and techniques used by fashion companies and discover how to improve business processes and predict future trends.
Learn how to conduct meaningful marketing research
An understanding of marketing research methods in the fashion industry can help you discover untapped business opportunities and optimize your supply chain.
On this course, you’ll investigate various types of research, including analysis of economic indicators, market analysis, and consumer and product research and assess when to use each method to best effect.
With this knowledge, you’ll be able to conduct and interpret marketing research and retrieve useful data that can inform future decision-making.
Discover data analysis methods to improve your strategic planning
You’ll learn how to analyse data in a fashion industry context and how data mining and big data analysis can be used to improve long-range and short-range planning processes.
Using real-life case studies, you’ll learn how marketing research can improve business processes and help understand consumer behavior.
Explore color, material, and fashion trend forecasting
By understanding marketing research data, you’ll be able to interpret and track trends across the fashion industry.
You’ll learn how to interpret this data and forecast trends in color and textiles, as well as examining trends across fashion more broadly.
By the end of this course, you’ll have gained insights into the impact marketing research can have on understanding business processes and predicting future trends. With this knowledge, you can create reliable, long-term plans informed by relevant, meaningful data.
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify marketing research processes used by fashion companies throughout the supply chain
- Describe types of marketing research used by fashion companies, including analysis of economic indicators, market analysis, consumer research, and product research
- Compare applications of marketing research for long-range and short-range planning and decisions by fashion companies
- Explain color, textiles and material, and fashion trend forecasting processes used by fashion companies
- Identify resources fashion companies use in color, textiles and material, and fashion trend forecasting
- Explain types of color, textiles and material, and fashion trend forecasting services used by fashion companies
- Apply techniques for conducting and interpreting marketing research for companies in the fashion industry
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone interested in exploring marketing within the context of the fashion industry. It would be suitable for those considering a marketing career or those who want to further their understanding of marketing research from a fashion perspective.
Who developed the course?
Bloomsbury Publishing is a leading independent publishing house, established in 1986, with authors who have won the Nobel, Pulitzer and Booker Prizes.and is the originating publisher and custodian of the Harry Potter series. Bloomsbury has offices in London, New York, New Delhi, Oxford and Sydney. Within Bloomsbury’s Academic division, it publishes under Bloomsbury, as well as under a number of prestigious and historic imprint names.
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.