Weekly study3 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Radio and Podcast Marketing with Advertising Week
Discover the power of podcast and radio advertising
With options for podcast advertising on the rise and radio advertising as lucrative as ever, audio marketing is a key strategic marketing avenue for brands big and small.
Through case studies from brands experienced in marketing for audio, this two-week course will equip you with the skills you need to create and run memorable podcast and radio marketing campaigns.
Explore audio marketing case studies from top brands like Garnier and KISS FM, Mastercard, and Autoglass
Identifying how to create the right marketing content for podcasts and radio is an extremely valuable skill for marketers today.
Taking examples and insights from brands who have gotten it right, this course will help you identify what type of audio marketing works for different organisations and why.
You’ll hear from Autoglass on how it identified a user need that transformed their radio ads, and from Garnier on why it collaborated with KISS FM to launch a new product.
Get expert tips on marketing planning tools from Zendium and Spotify
The course offers plenty of tips and support for finding where to experiment with your content creation as well as what tools to use to create your audio content and strategy.
With access to interviews from Spotify and Zendium, you’ll discover how even everyday products like toothpaste can impact an audience with a strong audio marketing strategy, and find out what information and data Spotify offers marketers who use their platform for audio ads.
Create a full radio marketing campaign
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to identify which type of audio marketing format – from radio ads to branded audio content – is right for your organisation, and feel confident to use customer insights to formulate a targeted audio content marketing plan.
- What is audio marketing?
- Why use audio marketing?
- Types of audio marketing (podcasting, radio, sonic identities, smart speakers)
- Understanding what customers want and consume
- Making a plan for your audio content
- Smart speakers
- Sonic branding and how to use it
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Assess what types of audio marketing might be right for you
- Investigate choices in audio marketing formats such as podcasts, radio ads, branded audio content and more
- Develop understanding of where to experiment with your audio content creation and where to plan
- Describe audio marketing goals
- Produce your audio marketing plan
- Audio marketing planning skills and knowledge
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone who’d like to explore what’s possible in audio marketing areas like radio and podcasting.
It will also be useful for those who are new to marketing well as those already working in the field.
Who developed the course?
AWLearn is the education arm of Advertising Week. Advertising Week is a global thought leadership organization. The AWLearn philosophy is that all our courses and learning follow the same philosophy: Educate, Entertain, Enable. This means our courses offer the educational oversight on a particular topic; we use real-life entertaining case studies featuring professionals who already do these jobs; and show you the tactics that will enable you to get ahead in your career.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends