Weekly study3 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Introduction to Business Budgeting
Understand the benefits of budgeting
Using a budget helps businesses make informed decisions. It gives you a greater understanding of your revenue and provides a plan for the future.
On this three-week course, you’ll delve into the benefits of budgeting as you explore why and how you should budget.
You’ll explore different approaches to budgeting, including top-down, bottom up, and periodic to understand which approach works best for your context.
Explore sources of information
To help you start to prepare a budget, it’s important to first know your sources of information.
You’ll learn which sources of information you’ll need to use in your budget as you explore the difference between data and information.
Delve into costing
You’ll gain an understanding of management accounting and costing, and how to use it in business.
This knowledge will help you categorise costs to ensure you know how to estimate all cost elements of work within your business.
Learn from the experts at Kaplan
Throughout the course, you’ll be guided by the finance specialists at Kaplan.
Learning from their expertise, you’ll finish the course with the knowledge and skills to start creating insightful and accurate budgets.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain the seven benefits of budgeting for an organisation
- Summarise the need for data when budgeting
- Identify sources of information when budgeting
- Classify costs in different ways
- Produce a standard cost card
- Assess different approaches to budgeting
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone who wants to learn more about budgeting within business.
It will be particularly useful for those considering a career change into an accountancy profession, or those who wish to know more about finance.
Who developed the course?
Kaplan UK is a leading international provider of educational and career services. Building on a rich heritage of more than 50 years of training accountants and financial professionals, Kaplan UK serves more than 48,000 students a year, both based in the UK and from overseas, who train for AAT, CIMA, ACCA and ICAEW qualifications.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends
Get a taste of this course
Find out what this course is like by previewing some of the course steps before you join: