Weekly study3 hours
Introduction to Business Law
Explore law within a business environment
From protecting property and people’s rights to identifying potential legal issues, knowledge of business law is vital for any company. It also extends far beyond legal teams, making it important for all professionals to have an appreciation of how the law regulates businesses.
On this four-week course from Sentinel|9, you’ll gain a firm understanding of business and corporate law as well as the legal system and sources of law in Australia.
You’ll develop knowledge of the essential elements of business law as you’re guided through the main common law and statutory principles relating to the commercial environment and corporate governance.
Master the basics of corporate law
Delving into key features of corporate law, you’ll explore the concept of a separate legal entity, company formation, operation, and corporate governance.
This will include a study of the law relating to directors and management, members’ rights, and the winding up of a company to ensure you understand how corporate law affects all areas of an organisation.
Explore applications of contract law
Almost all businesses are likely to encounter contract law, a legally enforceable agreement between parties.
The course will help you explore the application of contract law to understand how it works in real-life contexts.
Learn how to respond to legal problems relating to corporate governance
With your knowledge of corporate governance, you’ll examine different legal issues that can arise in the business environment and learn how to respond to them appropriately.
Exploring the bigger picture and policy issues, you’ll identify areas where the law may be deficient and how ethics benefit corporate and business law. With this understanding, you’ll critically examine the role played by law in modern society.
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Demonstrate an understanding of the different legal issues arising in the business environment.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the main common law and statutory provisions which apply to institutions, personnel and commercial transactions in the Australia context.
- Explain the benefits of ethics within the context of corporate and business law.
- Investigate, analyse and synthesize legal principles relating to commercial transactions, corporations and other forms of business organisations.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the underlying themes and issues and the key legal principles relating to commercial transactions, and/or corporate law.
- Apply legal reasoning and research to generate appropriate responses to legal problems in the corporate governance contexts.
- Identify and comment on the policy issues which arise in various topics, including the need for law reform where the law is considered deficient.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for professionals interested in learning more about the legal system and business and corporate law.
It is most suited for those wanting to understand the legal system in Australia, but the concepts in the course will be beneficial worldwide.
Who developed the course?
Sentinel|9 is an education content provider. They provide university-level content independently to offer a different pace of learning for individuals and institutions. They have a dynamic content library and Learning Management System (LMS) which is suitable for online, blended and face-to-face delivery.
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.