- Duration4 weeks
- Weekly study4 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 3
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Understanding Social Media Strategy
Discover how social media strategy can help your brand stand out from the crowd
Over the past decade, social media has come to play an increasingly central role in the digital marketing mix. With the last year forcing more of our lives online, getting your social media strategy right is more important than ever.
Designed by social media industry experts, this practical digital marketing course is aimed at social media managers looking to stand out in an increasingly crowded field.
Find out why social engagement is central to social media strategy
After exploring the foundations of creating a social media strategy, you’ll learn why social engagement is so important and why you should always keep your customers at the heart of your strategy. For inspiration, you’ll look at some brands that are getting their social media strategy right.
You’ll also learn how to set KPIs and how to use the SMART Objective Framework to set and meet your social media goals.
Social listening – what are people saying about your brand?
One of the objectives of any social media strategy is to get people talking about your brand. Social listening is the process of monitoring various social channels to assess if people are talking about your brand, and what they’re saying. You’ll discover the key components of a social listening strategy and which tools are available to help you listen to what people are saying about your brand.
Learn how to build a social media strategy
As well as looking at creating an overall plan, you’ll explore how to develop a social media strategy for different social platforms and for individual campaigns.
By the end of this four-week course, you’ll be ready to draw up and execute a social media strategy aligned with your brand, helping you to better engage with your customers.
- Why is social media engagement important?
- Creating a customer-centric social media strategy
- Exemplary brands in social media
- Setting objectives and KPIs
- Choosing the right metrics to measure success
- Using the SMART Objective Framework
- Social media listening
- How to build a social listening strategy
- Components of a social listening strategy
- Tools for social listening
- Developing a social media strategy
- Developing a social media channel strategy
- Developing a social media campaign strategy
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe how to gain visibility on social media
- Explain the role of social media in people's lives
- Summarise the benefits of social media to an organisation
- Explore the opportunities that social listening creates
- Design your own SMART objectives
- Explain how social planning should be integrated with business strategy
- Assess which social channels to focus on
- Develop a framework for all social media activity and campaigns to work from
Who is the course for?
This digital marketing course is aimed at current or aspiring social media managers.
It is assumed learners will have created social content as part of a multichannel marketing campaign, and have a basic understanding of social media metrics.
Learn how to create an engaging social media strategy, improve brand image and social engagement online, and measure your results