Explore the theory and importance of good wellbeing at work
Why is employee wellbeing important? How has employee wellbeing previously been defined and what is its impact on our working lives?
Get answers to these questions and more on this course, exploring key definitions of wellbeing at work. You will consider the reach of theoretical approaches to wellbeing from occupational psychology and explore both positive and negative aspects of workplace welfare.
You will also be introduced to methods of assessing employee wellbeing, gain an overview of the key issues related to wellbeing at work, and consider the factors affecting wellbeing.
What topics will you cover?
- The historical context of wellbeing and existing definitions
- A brief overview of theoretical approaches to wellbeing in occupational psychology
- A brief overview of wellbeing across individuals’ working lives
- The positive and negative aspects of wellbeing at work
- The key issues around wellbeing for employees, managers and organisations
- A brief overview of factors affecting wellbeing
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore the historical context of wellbeing and existing definitions
- Critically evaluate theoretical approaches to wellbeing in organisational psychology, relevant to wellbeing
- Discuss the impact of wellbeing on individuals’ working lives
- Identify the positive and negative aspects of wellbeing at work
- Assess the key issues around wellbeing for employees, managers and organisations
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone looking to gain a greater insight into wellbeing at work.
The course is also part of the MSc Business and Organisational Psychology, accredited by the Association for Business Psychology.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
What's different about this course?
Since 2017 you have been able to take a degree on FutureLearn. This free course is a bit like a starter course for a degree — it should give you a flavour of the degree subject but can also be your first step towards a degree qualification.
If you enjoy this course you can apply to join the program it’s part of to start working towards a degree on FutureLearn.
Don’t worry, you can still take the course without doing a full degree!
How do degrees work on FutureLearn?
Which program and degree is this course part of?
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #wellbeingatwork to talk about this course on social media.