Weekly study3 hours
Wellbeing at Work: An Introduction
Explore the theory and importance of good wellbeing at work
Why is employee wellbeing important? How has employee wellbeing previously been defined and what is its impact on our working lives?
Get answers to these questions and more on this course, exploring key definitions of wellbeing at work. You will consider the reach of theoretical approaches to wellbeing from occupational psychology and explore both positive and negative aspects of workplace welfare.
You will also be introduced to methods of assessing employee wellbeing, gain an overview of the key issues related to wellbeing at work, and consider the factors affecting wellbeing.
- The historical context of wellbeing and existing definitions
- A brief overview of theoretical approaches to wellbeing in occupational psychology
- A brief overview of wellbeing across individuals’ working lives
- The positive and negative aspects of wellbeing at work
- The key issues around wellbeing for employees, managers and organisations
- A brief overview of factors affecting wellbeing
Date to be announced
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore the historical context of wellbeing and existing definitions
- Critically evaluate theoretical approaches to wellbeing in organisational psychology, relevant to wellbeing
- Discuss the impact of wellbeing on individuals’ working lives
- Identify the positive and negative aspects of wellbeing at work
- Assess the key issues around wellbeing for employees, managers and organisations
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone looking to gain a greater insight into wellbeing at work.
The course is also part of the MSc Business and Organisational Psychology, accredited by the Association for Business Psychology.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.