Wellbeing at Work: An Introduction
Duration 2 weeks
Weekly study 3 hours
Explore the theory and importance of good wellbeing at work
Why is employee wellbeing important? How has employee wellbeing previously been defined and what is its impact on our working lives?
Get answers to these questions and more on this course, exploring key definitions of wellbeing at work. You will consider the reach of theoretical approaches to wellbeing from occupational psychology and explore both positive and negative aspects of workplace welfare.
You will also be introduced to methods of assessing employee wellbeing, gain an overview of the key issues related to wellbeing at work, and consider the factors affecting wellbeing.
What topics will you cover?
- The historical context of wellbeing and existing definitions
- A brief overview of theoretical approaches to wellbeing in occupational psychology
- A brief overview of wellbeing across individuals’ working lives
- The positive and negative aspects of wellbeing at work
- The key issues around wellbeing for employees, managers and organisations
- A brief overview of factors affecting wellbeing
When would you like to start?
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone looking to gain a greater insight into wellbeing at work.
The course is also part of the MSc Business and Organisational Psychology, accredited by the Association for Business Psychology.
What's different about this course?
Since 2017 you have been able to take a degree on FutureLearn. This free course is a bit like a starter course for a degree — it should give you a flavour of the degree subject but can also be your first step towards a degree qualification.
If you enjoy this course you can apply to join the program it’s part of to start working towards a degree on FutureLearn.
Don’t worry, you can still take the course without doing a full degree!