Learn how artificial intelligence is transforming investment technology with this online course from the University of Michigan.
Weekly study4 hours
Innovations in Investment Technology: Artificial Intelligence
Other courses you might like
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Explore the evolution of AI investing and online wealth management
Investing and managing your wealth online has never been easier, but how does AI investing work and what are the challenges?
On this course, you’ll explore how technology has changed the way we invest money. You’ll consider the evolution of AI-driven online wealth management platforms, robo-advisors, and learn how they work and why they’re successful.
Moving from human-based data-driven investing strategies to neural networks, you’ll assess the ability of artificial intelligence to make investment decisions and discover the role of AI and machine learning in making trading decisions.
What topics will you cover?
- Introduction to Fintech
- Stock Selection & Asset Management
- Big Data
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify the mechanisms of new investing technology
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of human financial advisors and investors
- Explain the business model of robo/AI-advisors
- Identify the relationship between identifiable firm characteristics and average returns
- Develop a diversified portfolio based on attitudes toward risk
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone interested in understanding cutting edge financial technologies.
This course will be of particular interest to learners with a background in finance, development, or business leadership and learning how to develop and use new financial technologies in their own context.
Who developed the course?
LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan, USA
World rankingTop 30Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
Learning on FutureLearn
Your learning, your rules
- Courses are split into weeks, activities, and steps to help you keep track of your learning
- Learn through a mix of bite-sized videos, long- and short-form articles, audio, and practical activities
- Stay motivated by using the Progress page to keep track of your step completion and assessment scores
Join a global classroom
- Experience the power of social learning, and get inspired by an international network of learners
- Share ideas with your peers and course educators on every step of the course
- Join the conversation by reading, @ing, liking, bookmarking, and replying to comments from others
Map your progress
- As you work through the course, use notifications and the Progress page to guide your learning
- Whenever you’re ready, mark each step as complete, you’re in control
- Complete 90% of course steps and all of the assessments to earn your certificate
Want to know more about learning on FutureLearn? Using FutureLearn
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.