Duration 2 weeks
Weekly study 10 hours
Progress your skills from understanding the models, to how to actually use them.
This course looks at some of the types of situations in which service developments of varying simplicity or complexity take place, requiring the judgement of what approaches and tools to use to carry out service improvement.
That will include:
- Why and how to select the tools to be used.
- Modifying tools as required to best fit the service improvement situation and tasks.
- Synthesising tools such as combining force filed analysis with SWOT analyses, or financial transactions with critical path analyses.
What topics will you cover?
- The parts and functions that make up a system of care (whether that is a team, organisation or multi-organisational service like the UK NHS).
- The politics of people’s perspectives, powers and relationships.
- Complexity management: being able to see how management processes can be applied.
Who is the course for?
Coventry University MSc Nursing students.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.