- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study5 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 4 of 5
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Lean Logistics: Decision Making in Supply Chain Management
Eliminate wasteful activities from your supply chain using lean logistics
On this two-week course, you’ll understand the concept of lean logistics, together with its tools, principles, and the seven wastes.
You’ll understand the impact of lean and discover the practical approaches to conducting lean logistics in your supply chain.
Improve your decision-making procedures in distribution networks
You’ll begin the course by learning how to identify decision-making procedures in your distribution networks. You’ll then identify where you can use lean logistics to help you make more considered and effective decisions.
You’ll also examine the facility location concept in network design, as well as the factors that can affect it to gain a deeper understanding of what to consider for your facility location.
Discover the just-in-time approach
You’ll learn about the just-in-time approach and explore different techniques and concepts in lean logistics can help to further eliminate waste from your supply chain.
By the end of this course, you’ll understand a variety of different ways you can apply lean logistics to benefit your supply chain processes.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Discuss the lean logistics definition as well as its tools and principles
- Identify third-party logistics
- Discover the facility location concept, special factors and the decision-making procedure
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for practitioners looking to develop their understanding of international logistics and its concepts.
This course from Coventry University is part of the International Logistics ExpertTrack, exploring the importance of international logistics from a strategic perspective.
Explore the importance of international logistics and develop your understanding of logistics management at a strategic level.