Listening and Presenting: Learning English for Academic Purposes
Duration 6 weeks
Weekly study 3 hours
Premium course $109 What's included?
Find out how to listen and present effectively in English.
Being able to listen to others and present your own ideas effectively will help you to succeed at university. This online course helps you to develop these skills while studying in English. It shows you effective strategies for listening and note taking, to help you identify and record the key points in other people’s presentations. As part of this, you will improve your understanding of key academic language and specialist vocabulary.
You will bring everything you learn together, to create and practice delivering your own spoken presentation and receive detailed Educator feedback.
What topics will you cover?
- Key listening skills and strategies for academic purposes.
- Vocabulary learning strategies to expand your academic vocabulary.
- How to make effective notes.
- How to identify and analyse a lecture’s structure.
- What makes a good presentation.
- How to be confident in presenting to others.
- Skills for connecting with your target audience.
- Differentiating between fact and opinion.
- Find and evaluate information for your purposes.
- Plan and create your own presentation.
- Get detailed feedback from an Educator on your presentation.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for students who want to study in English at university. We recommend an existing English language level of IELTS 5.5.
Who will you learn with?
This is a premium course. These courses are designed for professionals from specific industries looking to learn with a smaller group of like-minded individuals.
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLlisteningpresenting to talk about this course on social media.