Weekly study3 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Managing Mental Health and Stress
Understanding mental health and its impact
Our mental health is as important as our physical health, and it can fluctuate on a spectrum from good to poor. Work-related stress and mental health problems often go together and the symptoms can be very similar. In this course, you will have the opportunity to discuss the definitions of mental health and stress, and explore how to recognise the key signs.
We will focus on the cost of mental health problems and workplace stress at both individual and organisational levels. We’ll also assess interventions to combat workplace stress and the value of performance coaching and its impact upon employee wellbeing.
- What is poor mental health?
- What is stress?
- Theories and models of stress
- Measuring stress
- The three levels of interventions (ie primary, secondary, tertiary) by Murphy (1988)
- Performance coaching
- Consider interventions to combat workplace stress
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Discuss the definitions of mental health and stress
- Identify the signs of stress and poor mental health at work
- Explore the cost of mental health problems and workplace stress, and the impact on individuals
- Evaluate current models of stress
- Explore interventions to combat mental health and workplace stress
- Evaluate current research and theory in relation to performance coaching at work, and its impact upon employee wellbeing
- Develop an understanding and ability to demonstrate the benefits of implementing performance coaching techniques upon both employee well-being and organisational performance
Who is the course for?
This course is for people who want the opportunity to further understand the link between work-related stress and mental health problems. It is also for those who wish to know more about recognising the signs of mental illnesses.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.