Explore connections between job satisfaction, performance and more
What are the connections between attitudes, motivation, job satisfaction, well-being, stress and performance at work? Find out with this course.
You will explore humanist ideas of management that emphasise the importance of motivations. You will also consider the effects of stress: developing an understanding of stress models, reflecting on what contributes to stress in the workplace and evaluating the value of stress management interventions. You should finish the course feeling able to apply your learning to your own management practice.
What topics will you cover?
- An introduction to the course
- The psychological contract and how these are managed
- Job satisfaction
- Causes and impacts of stress
- Stress management within organisations
- Introduction to motivation
- Defining motivation
- Content theories of motivation
- Process theories of motivation
- Encouraging motivation in the workplace
When would you like to start?
Who is the course for?
This course is for entry level managers with no formal management education. You don’t need any knowledge of management theory.