Managing People: Understanding Your Organisational Culture
Get to grips with organisational culture
Through this course you will learn about organisational culture by examining its theoretical background and real-world implications.
You will consider the effect of organisational culture on decision-making, social relations and managing people particularly in multicultural organisational contexts. You will evaluate assumptions about the topic through reflective exercises and deepen your understanding as your share your experience with other learners. You will also reflect on your own experience of organisational culture and how your learning can be applied to your own management practice.
What topics will you cover?
- Introduction to organisational culture
- Culture in business organisations and implications for managing people
- Key theories and typologies of organisational culture
- Organisational culture in the recruitment process
- The relationship between motivation and organisational culture
- Motivation and organisational culture
- How organisational change and organisational structure are relevant to our understanding of organisational culture
- The relationship between leadership and organisational culture
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
Who is the course for?
This course is for entry level managers with no formal management education. You don’t need any knowledge of management theory.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get: