Get to grips with organisational culture
Through this course you will learn about organisational culture by examining its theoretical background and real-world implications.
You will consider the effect of organisational culture on decision-making, social relations and managing people particularly in multicultural organisational contexts. You will evaluate assumptions about the topic through reflective exercises and deepen your understanding as your share your experience with other learners. You will also reflect on your own experience of organisational culture and how your learning can be applied to your own management practice.
What topics will you cover?
- Introduction to organisational culture
- Culture in business organisations and implications for managing people
- Key theories and typologies of organisational culture
- Organisational culture in the recruitment process
- The relationship between motivation and organisational culture
- Motivation and organisational culture
- How organisational change and organisational structure are relevant to our understanding of organisational culture
- The relationship between leadership and organisational culture
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Understand the concept of culture
- Identify theoretical themes
- Understand the range of theoretical tools for cultural analysis in organisations
- Apply this understanding to management practice
Who is the course for?
This course is for entry level managers with no formal management education. You don’t need any knowledge of management theory.
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLmanagingpeople to talk about this course on social media.