Weekly study4 hours
Managing People: Understanding Individual Differences
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Explore the link between individual behaviour and organisational success
Individual personalities and behaviour can have a significant impact on a business. On this course you will develop your understanding of personality and individual differences and how adults learn. You will consider what affects individual performance and how this relates to the success of your organisation. Through the course you will also keep a learning journal to help you apply your learning in your workplace.
- An introduction to the course topics
- The ways in which adults learn
- Learning to be a good manager
- Identities in the workplace
- Personality and intelligence models and theories
- The value of psychometrics in the workplace
- Reflecting and understanding individual difference
- Theories and models of organisational effectiveness
- What drives individual performance?
- Values, ethics and whistleblowing
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Understand how people differ and the impact these differences may have in the workplace
- Understand the link between individual attributes, behaviour and performance
- Understand the link between individual and organisational performance
- Learn how to apply this understanding to management practice
Who is the course for?
This course is for entry level managers with no formal management education. You don’t need any knowledge of management theory.