Weekly study4 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Mastering Wine Tasting
Learn how to best taste wines and understand wine pairing
This four-week wine tasting course will give you all the viticulture tools you’ll need to taste wines like a pro!
You’ll cultivate an analytic mindset while tasting, will delve into the heritage of wine, and will develop a rich vocabulary to describe wines and advocate for your preferences easily.
Familiarise yourself with wine serving and learn to read a wine label
Throughout the duration of the course, you’ll firstly learn how to effectively read a wine label for both old world and new world wines.
You’ll then learn to familiarise yourself with wine storing and wine serving techniques so as to best enjoy whichever product you are drinking.
Develop an understanding of the wine pairing process
You’ll then get an insight into the wine making process, and will gain an in-depth overview of the steps involved when setting up a professional wine tasting, as well as a wine pairing.
Finally, you’ll familiarise yourself with both basic and advanced wine service equipment, so you can best serve biodynamic, organic and natural wines, wine dinners and tastings.
Learn from wine tasting experts at Swiss Education Group and César Ritz Colleges
With nearly 40 years of experience in hospitality management and culinary arts education, and rooted in the Swiss tradition of hospitality, Swiss Education Group is committed to equipping tomorrow’s professionals with the leadership and entrepreneurial skills highly sought after in the hospitality industry and beyond.
Throughout the duration of the course, you’ll be learning from wine tasting experts and will be learning in collaboration with César Ritz Colleges.
- Viniculture and Oenology
- Wine Label and Wine Tasting Framework
- Wine Styles
- Celebratory Champagne & Other Sparkling Wines
- Undiscovered Swiss Wines
- Vintages Wines
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Develop the ability to effectively read a wine label for both new and old world and to familiarise with wine serving and storing techniques
- Identify the basics for wine making process and its differences
- Compare the different steps involved when setting up a professional wine tasting as well as paring
- Explore the basic and advanced wine service equipments
Who is the course for?
This course aims to those who would like to develop their wine knowledge. This includes sommeliers, restaurant managers, winemakers, sales managers, bartenders, wine tasters and wine auctioneers.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends