Skip to 0 minutes and 11 seconds What a drastic change in this world is experiencing now. How shall we confront the unpredictable tomorrow, and conduct our business for the future? In this course, we will learn how to design a service concept you may have in your mind, and how to realize it, by utilizing various academic disciplines. We will have 7 experts from the field of Innovation management, information architecture, management accounting, startup strategy, marketing strategy, intellectual property, and philosophy. Being such a multi-disciplinary field, Service Design can be adapted to a wide variety of fields, including your everyday life. Let’s seek together on the methodologies of how to design service that can contribute to our well-being.
In an era of unprecedented challenge and change for business, stability is no longer a given. In a time of sudden changes and sharp shocks, its never been more important to be able to think outside the box. On this course, you’ll learn what service design is, and how its methodologies can support business domains and entrepreneurial challenges, with a focus on cases from Japan and around. You’ll explore ideas that engage with accounting, IT, marketing, and philosophy. Ultimately, you’ll identify the markets you want to target and undertake a deep dive into your enterprise ideas, learning how you can support your team, and grow your business.
- Innovation management
- Management control
- Service exchange and gift economy platform
- Innovation marketing
- Intellectual-property strategy
- Startup financing and strategy
- Service design philosophy
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify what strategies to take on whichever design phase you are at
- Reflect your current expertise and the resources you have available for a service
- Explore what your core competence is and elaborate your ideas for a target market
- Synthesise seven different academic domains and integrating to actually design a service
- Develop soft skills for a smoother collaboration amongst your team and with your stakeholders related to your service
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for people who want to know what service design is, and how it can help them take their business to the next level. Anyone willing to go beyond their comfort zone is welcomed.
Who developed the course?
Keio University are offering everyone who joins this course a free digital upgrade, so that you can experience the full benefits of studying online for free. This means that you get: