Supporting you to thrive at home during the coronavirus outbreak.
Weekly study3 hours
Motivation and Engagement in an Uncertain World
Other courses you might like
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Explore how we can offer more than work itself
The world in which we live is constantly changing, affecting the way in which organisations manage employee relations, motivation and engagement.
This course explores these changes in depth and assesses what they may mean for teams, groups and the employment relationship, as well as the impact they may have on employee engagement and motivation.
You’ll also reflect on methods that may help organisations to sustain employee motivation and engagement in the future.
What topics will you cover?
- The key changes affecting today’s organisations
- Recommendations for future management strategies
- Sustaining employee motivation and engagement
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore the key changes affecting today’s organisations
- Discover what these changes mean for teams, groups and the employment relationship
- Discuss how these changes will impact on employee engagement and motivation in the future
- Explore methods which may help organisations to sustain employee motivation and engagement in the future
- Explain your understanding of employee motivation and engagement at an applied level through the application of theory and practice to a case study and the development of a business report
Who is the course for?
This course is for people who wish to discover the importance of employment relationships and the importance motivation and engagement has in the workplace.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.
Who will you learn with?
Andre Soares PhD, MSc, BSc, FHEA, CPsychol – assistant professor in business and occupational psychology at Coventry University
Assistant Professor in Business and Organisational Psychology at Coventry University,
Dr Anne Turner - PhD, FHEA, CPsychol, BSc (Hons)
Research Interests Inc: Enclothed Cognition, remote e-workers
Coventry University are offering everyone who joins this course a free digital upgrade, so that you can experience the full benefits of studying online for free. This means that you get:
Learning on FutureLearn
Your learning, your rules
- Courses are split into weeks, activities, and steps to help you keep track of your learning
- Learn through a mix of bite-sized videos, long- and short-form articles, audio, and practical activities
- Stay motivated by using the Progress page to keep track of your step completion and assessment scores
Join a global classroom
- Experience the power of social learning, and get inspired by an international network of learners
- Share ideas with your peers and course educators on every step of the course
- Join the conversation by reading, @ing, liking, bookmarking, and replying to comments from others
Map your progress
- As you work through the course, use notifications and the Progress page to guide your learning
- Whenever you’re ready, mark each step as complete, you’re in control
- Complete 90% of course steps and all of the assessments to earn your certificate
Want to know more about learning on FutureLearn? Using FutureLearn
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLmotivation to talk about this course on social media.