- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study8 hours
Navigating the Global Business Environment – Challenges and Strategies
One of the most notable features of the global business environment has been the rapid growth in the size and significance of multinational corporations (MNCs). This is a reflection of the internationalisation strategies many companies have pursued to exploit the opportunities provided by the global business environment.
This course helps students to understand how companies can identify appropriate new markets, the risks and challenges that come with operating in new markets, and the different strategies used by companies to enter new markets and manage the associated risks and challenges.
- Choosing new markets
- Risks in global markets
- Challenges in global markets
- Rise and spread of multinational corporations (MNCs)
- Internationalisation of business in a changing environment
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore the rationale for, benefits of and theories of business internationalisation.
- Explore the risks and challenges surrounding global markets, regional markets and the country-specific risks and challenges that are unique to countries
- Explore how Multinational Corporations (MNCs) are internationalising into new markets and their underlying risks and challenges
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at people who want to move into business management. It will be of particular interest to those looking to progress into senior roles or those with an interest in developing new business ideas.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.