Discover how business and technology are taking on the world’s energy challenges
In a world facing pressing energy challenges, the need for alternative energy and new energy technologies has never been more pressing. This course explores the new and upcoming technologies that may help solve some of the world’s biggest energy challenges - examining them from both a business and technological perspective.
Created by Grenoble Ecole de Management and Tenerrdis, alongside Air Liquide, GE Renewable Energy, CNR, Think Smartgrids, Yélé Consulting, Schneider Electric and Grenoble Institute of Technology, it uniquely combines leading academic research with on-the-ground experience.
What topics will you cover?
- Global energy challenges
- Policy fostering energy efficiency
- Key energy efficiency markets and trends
- Prosumers’ concept
- Digital revolution
- Projects in energy efficiency in Europe
- Converting solar energy
- Solar PV market
- Economics and competitiveness of solar energy
- Market and stage of development of solar energy in France and Europe
- Main industrial actors and key markets in solar PV
- Trends and innovations for the future
- Definition of hydropower. The different kinds of hydropower turbine and dam
- Challenges of hydropower development
- New energy markets, storage & flexibility
- Facts, figures and main actors
- Impact and development of ocean and tidal energy
- Innovation in hydropower
- Biomass energy & why biogas
- Anaerobic digestion (methanisation)
- Different usages/applications of biogas
- Biogas market in France and in Europe
- Main actors on this market
- Innovation projects in this field
- Definitions of hydrogen and hydrogen-energy
- Hydrogen development/production from renewables
- Hydrogen as an energy storage solution
- Hydrogen for energy applications
- Main actors on the market in France and in Europe
- Innovation projects, road-maps and trends.
- Definition of a smart grid
- Smart grid as key element of the future electricity system
- Smart grids connected with Smart buildings and Smart cities
- Links between Smart Grids and Storage
- Main actors of the smart Grid in France and in Europe
- Trends and innovation projects in the smart grids field
Upgrade - $74
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #Grenoble_EM to talk about this course on social media.