Personal Trainer's Toolkit: Providing Nutritional Advice to Your Clients
Provide nutritional advice to clients within your scope of practice.
As a fitness professional, your clients may expect guidance on nutrition as part of their fitness journey with you, but giving nutritional advice is complicated and often reserved for those with relevant qualifications.
On this two-week course, you’ll learn the skills and knowledge required to encourage your clients to make healthy choices, but also to recognise when this advice goes beyond your remit as a personal trainer.
You’ll learn how to identify the dangers of providing food advice in a fitness setting, and how to support your clients in getting the assistance they need.
Identify trustworthy information sources for fitness and nutrition
You’ll learn how to recognise appropriate information sources to ensure you are giving your clients reputable guidance on nutrition.
You’ll also be able to identify at what point giving nutritional advice becomes unethical and outside of your capacity, and the steps you can take to help refer your client to an accredited professional.
Gain knowledge from specialists at the CQUniversity
By the end of the course, you’ll feel confident in knowing your boundaries as a fitness professional when giving nutritional advice to your clients.
You’ll gain hands-on experience with project-based learning from CQUniversity, and feel equipped with the skills to provide responsible and effective advice and nutrition plans.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
Understand your scope of practice in providing nutritional advice to clients Identify referral pathways to accredited professionals for nutritional advice for clients Recognise appropriate sources for nutritional advice to provide to clients.
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain your scope of practice in providing nutritional advice to clients.
- Identify referral pathways to accredited professionals for nutritional advice for clients.
- Identify appropriate sources for nutritional advice to provide to clients.
Who is the course for?
This course will suit you if you’re a non-medical professional looking to upskill in the areas of nutrition and fitness. It will be particularly useful if you are an existing personal trainer or fitness leader.
If you want to explore this subject further, you may be interested in these courses, from the same provider, that share the same overall learning outcomes:
- Personal Trainer’s Toolkit: Client Onboarding and Fitness Testing
- Personal Trainer’s Toolkit: Build an Outdoor Fitness Business
- Personal Trainer’s Toolkit: Mental Health First Aid for Fitness Trainers
- Personal Trainer’s Toolkit: Developing Fitness Programs for Older People
- Personal Trainer’s Toolkit: Build a Health and Fitness Business Network
- Personal Trainer’s Toolkit: Workplace Health and Safety in a Fitness Setting
- Personal Trainer’s Toolkit: Building a Fitness Community, Client Retention for Trainers
Who developed the course?
CQUniversity is Australia’s leading regional university.
Our courses are designed alongside industry and many include hands-on, practical learning experiences and project-based learning. Our commitment to making real-world knowledge and skills accessible to all has seen us being awarded global recognition. We are ranked among the top 2% of Universities in the world.
World rankingTop 500Source: QS World University Rankings 2020
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.