Weekly study6 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 2
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Risk Assessment and Management
Learn how to conduct workplace risk assessments
In recent years, managing workplace safety and health has taken a more proactive approach, recognising that determining and overcoming hazards before they cause injury or illness is more effective than being reactive.
On this two-week course from Universiti Malaya, you’ll dive into the risk assessment side of health and safety, and discover how to mitigate and control risks in any workplace.
Delve into the risk assessment process to evaluate health and safety hazards
Risk assessments are an important part of the occupational safety and health (OSH) management plan.
You’ll learn the different types of risk assessment, as well as how and when to conduct each of them. Throughout this course, you’ll be supported with resources such as strategies, templates, and control measures to help you implement a proactive, iterative risk assessment process within your workplace.
Explore the scope of control and how to mitigate risk at work
This course will guide you through the hierarchy of control, delving into each control measure, how to implement each, and the different scenarios they can be used for.
You’ll also look at the different levels of control and responsibility that workers and organisations have in regard to health and safety.
Once you’ve successfully completed this course, you’ll be able to identify workplace hazards and carry out comprehensive risk assessments in the workplace.
Discover how to put risk management systems in place with Universiti Malaya
This course is led by Professor Dr Victor Hoe, an Occupational Health Physician with a practice in the Universiti Malaya Medical Centre.
With Dr Abdullah’s expertise, you’ll be guided in implementing health and safety management systems to ensure that your workplace reduces the risk of harm for employees.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Develop occupational safety and health risk mitigation and management plan
- Apply and conduct workplace risk assessment
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for primary care providers such as general practitioners, nurses, physicians, and more.
It will also be suitable for anyone interested in learning more about occupational safety and health.
Who developed the course?
LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia
World rankingTop 60Source: QS World University Rankings 2021
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends