Weekly study8 hours
What is culture and why does it matter to leaders?
In this course, you’ll learn about organisational culture and its importance in managing a modern enterprise.
You’ll be introduced to different types of organisational cultures and how enterprises can leverage their organisational culture to achieve or sustain a competitive advantage.
You will also look at seminal work on organisational culture and reflect on the validity of this work in the current business environment.
- Levels of organisational culture
- Artefacts, values and assumptions
- Functions of organisational culture
- Understanding organisational culture
- Types of cultures
- Important elements in managing culture
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain the concept of organisational culture, its importance and its impact on a modern enterprise
- Compare weak and strong cultures and their implications for people management
- Discuss the impact of globalisation on culture and the impact of national culture on organisational culture
- Identify the importance of trust for organisational culture
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for ambitious and experienced professionals seeking to develop an understanding of how a modern enterprise succeeds through leadership, culture, decision-making and change management.