Weekly study3 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 4 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Other Accounting Functions: Payroll and Banking
Gain practical skills in payroll accounting and navigating the banking system
Payroll is one of the most important functions in a business, helping to save you time, costs, and build trust with your employees when they are consistently paid on time.
On this four-week course, you’ll explore the payroll function in a business and understand the different elements that make up the payroll expense. You’ll then delve into the banking system to ensure you know how transactions are processed, and how this affects businesses.
Finally, you’ll have the opportunity to put your skills into practice as you complete course assessments to help cement the knowledge you have gained throughout the Complete Practical Bookkeeping ExpertTrack.
Learn useful banking terminology and how the banking system works
You’ll delve into how the banking system works so you can understand reasons for expected time delays, how funds are cleared, and gain a sound knowledge of different banking terminology across contexts.
You’ll also explore how a bank processes transactions and how your business records transactions internally to ensure accuracy in your financial information.
Explore different payment methods within a business
To help you understand all accounting functions, you’ll explore the different payment methods within a business. This includes cash, cheques, credit and debit cards, and automated payments.
Gain practical skills in accounting transactions
You’ll finish the course learning how to apply your knowledge to ensure you build the practical skills you need for accounting transactions.
You’ll take a practice assessment on double-entry bookkeeping, ledger accounting, financial statements, and reconciliations to prepare you for your final assessment where you can demonstrate your new skills.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Discuss the role the payroll function plays within the business.
- Apply knowledge to account for Payroll.
- Compare the different elements that make up the payroll expense in the accounts.
- Explain when funds banked are cleared and are available for use.
- Identify the information required to ensure the following payments are valid: cheque, credit card, debit card.
- Describe the effect that different forms of payment will have on an organisation’s bank balance.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone wanting to learn more about the specific accounting functions of payroll and banking.
It will be particularly useful for those who deal with payrolls and/or the banking system as part of their role or who would like to understand all the different elements which make up the payroll expense in the accounts.
The course will also be beneficial if you require a course to brush up on knowledge gained many years ago or you are currently studying at college or university and would like some help with these topics.
Who developed the course?
Kaplan UK is a leading international provider of educational and career services. Building on a rich heritage of more than 50 years of training accountants and financial professionals, Kaplan UK serves more than 48,000 students a year, both based in the UK and from overseas, who train for AAT, CIMA, ACCA and ICAEW qualifications.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends