Weekly study8 hours
Policies, Resilience and Sustainable Development Goals
What happens if we cannot adapt to change?
This course explores how disaster management and risk reduction can help to improve the efficiency and achievability of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Sustainable development goals
- Policies produced for disaster management and development
- Disaster management, disaster risk reduction and resilience policies that link with sustainable development goals
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore the importance of Sustainable Development Goals in reducing vulnerability and improving resilience
- Explore the impact of disaster management and disaster risk reduction to achieving sustainable development goals
- Assess which disaster risk reduction and disaster management policies will contribute to achieving sustainable development goals in your own locality
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at individuals looking to develop their understanding of disaster management.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.