Weekly study2 hours
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Think you know Pop Art? Think again
Pop Art changed the world – influencing fields as diverse as graphic design, philosophy, music, and advertising. But how did Pop Art really begin? And what do we know about its most famous artists?
Explore the life and work of Andy Warhol and Roy Lichtenstein
Learning alongside top educators and curators from the internationally renowned Centre Pompidou, you’ll examine the roots of a movement that went on to shake modern culture – bringing disposable ‘low’ aesthetics into the realm of ‘high’ art.
You’ll get a panoramic view of Pop Art, from its unexpected origins to the lives of its most famous figureheads, including Warhol and Lichtenstein.
See why Pop Art matters
Using videos to learn – and fun quizzes to test your knowledge – you’ll stimulate your creativity and expand your knowledge of this influential period in art history.
Closely studying two works of Pop Art from the Centre Pompidou’s own extensive collection, you’ll come away able to look at and comment on works of art – and Pop Art itself – in a whole new way.
- The origins of Pop Art
- Pop Art as one of the great artistic movements of the 20th century
- How Pop Art drew inspiration from popular culture, advertising, design and fashion and which in turn fed Pop Culture
- Andy Warhol and Roy Lichtenstein, the emblematic figures of the movement
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Develop your knowledge on art history
- Describe a piece of art
- Discuss art with experts and other learners
- Experiment your talent by doing Pop Art work
- Explore the Pop univers
- Compare British Pop Art and American Pop Art
- Improve your art acquaintances
- Identify a work of art or an artist from the pop art movement
Who is the course for?
This course is designed to be open to anyone curious, playful, and eager to learn more about Pop Art.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.