Weekly study7 hours
Preparing for Assessment
Take the stress out of assessment
This online English course takes you through how to learn from and succeed at all types of assessment.
You will investigate the different types of assessment used at university, particularly in your chosen discipline. We will introduce some of the vocabulary specific to assessment guidelines and regulations and how to ensure you have understood exactly what you are being asked to do.
Finally, you will work in a group to develop your own tips and strategies for dealing with assessment and exams prior to moving on to the final course of the Coventry University PSE Award.
- Overview of the types of assessment used at university
- Key vocabulary for assessment
- Understanding assessment guidelines and regulations
- Anticipating what tutors are looking for
- Proofreading and editing your work
- Group work at university
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore different types of assessment and the vocabulary associated with them
- Demonstrate an ability to deal with a variety of assessment types
- Develop strategies for dealing with written and spoken exams of all types
- Interpret and respond to key features of tutor feedback
- Demonstrate an understanding of the elements of successful group work at university
Who is the course for?
This course is for students on the Coventry University pre-sessional English award. It is relevant for students who will be continuing their studies online and on-campus.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.
What software or tools do you need?
To take part in this course you will need access to a computer or laptop with a webcam, a reliable internet connection, speakers, and a microphone.