Duration 2 weeks
Weekly study 13 hours
Calculate if an investment is worthwhile and the price of logistics services
During this course, you’ll identify the key methods of investment appraisal, perform one using the payback method and carry out the necessary calculations using various discounted methods. This will enable you to justify which investment appraisal method is appropriate.
You’ll also examine why the pricing of transport services is different from other economic wants and explore issues in the pricing of transport by describing the costing structures and calculating the price of transport services.
What topics will you cover?
- Identify the key methods of investment appraisal
- Perform an investment appraisal using the payback method
- Calculate an investment appraisal using a discounted method, such as Net Present Value (NPV), Internal Rate of Return (IRR) and Accounting Rate of Return (ARR)
- Justify which investment appraisal method is appropriate
- Explain why the pricing of transport services is different from other economic wants
- Identify price discrimination, predatory pricing and price-fixing in the pricing of transport
- List cost structures used for different modes of freight transport
- Outline pricing and costing of transport services, including transfer pricing
Who is the course for?
This course is for business professionals aiming to improve their logistics, supply chain or distribution skills, particularly in the costing and pricing of logistics services.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.