Understand how numbers can play the part in broader analysis
You will learn the importance of the trustworthiness of data, helping to establish what makes it credible and reusable. You will become equipped with different strategies and tools for engaging with research projects, while learning different varieties of communication.
Through critical analysis you will explore and engage with the benefits and challenges of case study research. This will then help you garner an understanding of the main philosophical and theoretical approaches to research methods and associated relevant methods.
- Definition of qualitative methods
- Different strategies: ethnography, participatory action research, narrative inquiry, grounded theory and archival research
- Analysis of qualitative research
- Standards for evaluation
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore qualitative research methods
- Discuss advantages and disadvantages of the approach
- Assess different data collection techniques
- Explore data analysis techniques
- Assess data validity and reliability
Who is the course for?
This course is for people interested in exploring different methods of data collection and the various approaches to data analysis.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.