Weekly study8 hours
The Sections of an Academic Business Report
Understand the key elements of a business report
This short course focuses on the typical sections of business reports: the introduction, analysis, conclusion and recommendations.
During the course, you’ll have the chance to work on how to logically structure your analysis. The focus will be on writing coherent sections with a clear topic sentence, which is developed through examples, definitions, causes or results.
- The sections that are usually found in business reports
- The purpose and language used in these particular sections
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Recognise the aims and typical language of different sections of an academic business report
- Describe the grammatical and lexical features of the different sections in some detail
- Produce language appropriate to the different sections of the report in report-based exercises
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone who wants to gain a better understanding of writing and understanding business reports with an academic influence.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.