This course is part of the A Leader With Sense: Finding Your Leadership Style using Savoir-Relier ExpertTrack
Awareness and Confidence for Effective Leadership
Increase your self-awareness as a leader and learn how to use and apply the leadership development method, the Savoir-Relier.
Weekly study2 hours
100% onlineHow it works
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/monthFind out more
Awareness and Confidence for Effective Leadership
Discover how looking inwards can help you become a better leader
On this course, you’ll explore the Savoir-Relier methodology, a new approach to leadership development.
As a current or aspiring leader, you’ll ask questions and reflect on your own self, in order to better understand who you are and how you can lead others.
Under the guidance of Professor Valerie Gauthier, you’ll increase your self-awareness through self-reflection and introspection, and grow your understanding of yourself through a unique exercise called the SOLO.
Learn how leadership development is linked to self-awareness
To grow as a leader, it is vital to first understand yourself and your own perspective.
Through her research Professor Gauthier brings you specific questions that unlock your inner self with sincerity and lucidity.
Use the four relationship circles to become more self-aware
The course will take you through the ins and outs of self-reflection, introspection, self-development, and self-confidence.
Using the key tenets of the Savoir-Relier methodology, you’ll build your self-awareness and, in turn, boost your self-confidence and self-esteem.
Undergo personal development training with Professor Valérie Gauthier
This course is created and delivered by renowned author, academic, and linguist, Valérie Gauthier.
Professor Gauthier holds a BS in Psychology, a Masters in Modern Literature and English, and a PhD in Comparative Literature and Stanford’s Graduate Business School’s Executive Program (EPSO).
Professor Gauthier has been teaching courses at HEC Paris, NYU Stern and MIT Sloan, and built multiple relational communication and leadership development. You’ll benefit from her wide-ranging expertise in linguistics and poetic translation, as well as leadership and cross-cultural relationships.
Beginning of your Journey to Self-Awareness
Introductory steps to communicate on this course objectives and activities.
The more I know, the more I don't know
You will be introduced to the course and to Valérie Gauthier, Founder and Author of the Savoir-Relier©.
The Power of Writing and Self-Reflection
Looking at yourself with sincerity
These lessons will guide you into discovering yourself through a new light with sincerity and understanding.
SOLO Part 1 - the Transformative Self-Awareness Exercise
Kickstart your SOLO
This week you will start writing your SOLO by addressing two relational circles: you and yourself and you and others.
SOLO Part 2 - the Transformative Self-Awareness Exercise
Completing your first SOLO
This week you will finish writing your SOLO by addressing the other two relational circles: You and the group and You and society.
Take a step back to access and realize what you have learned and what is yet to come.
Prove you're job ready
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Develop self-awareness
- Develop self-confidence
- Explore foundations of introspection and self-reflection
- Improve self-esteem
- Apply Savoir-Relier to the first relational circle
Who is the course for?
This course is open to anyone interested in undergoing leadership development training and who is interested in self-development.
No specific leadership experience is required as the course asks you to draw from your own personal experiences.
Who will you learn with?
Start learning today - free 7-day trial
After your free trial you can:
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends
Learning on FutureLearn
Your learning, your rules
- Courses are split into weeks, activities, and steps to help you keep track of your learning
- Learn through a mix of bite-sized videos, long- and short-form articles, audio, and practical activities
- Stay motivated by using the Progress page to keep track of your step completion and assessment scores
Join a global classroom
- Experience the power of social learning, and get inspired by an international network of learners
- Share ideas with your peers and course educators on every step of the course
- Join the conversation by reading, @ing, liking, bookmarking, and replying to comments from others
Map your progress
- As you work through the course, use notifications and the Progress page to guide your learning
- Whenever you’re ready, mark each step as complete, you’re in control
- Complete 90% of course steps and all of the assessments to earn your certificate
Want to know more about learning on FutureLearn? Using FutureLearn
Get a taste of this course
Find out what this course is like by previewing some of the course steps before you join: