Shaping the Future Through Sustainable Development
Understand and implement the Sustainable Development Goals
The aim of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) is to protect human rights and preserve the natural world. On this four-week course from Taipei Medical University, you’ll delve into the 17 SDGs, and discover how they are being implemented all around the world.
From fairer water resources management to climate action and disaster resilience, you’ll learn how ethical thinking could help us shape a better future.
Investigate the relationship between water management and environmental protection
Besides being a basic human right, sustainable water management helps to protect ecosystems and improve urban living.
In Week 2 of the course, you’ll discover new and ethical approaches to managing water and agriculture. You’ll unearth the many connections between water resources management and environmental protection.
Explore sustainable economics, education, and healthcare
Next, you’ll expand your ethical thinking to consider innovations in sustainable economics, education, and healthcare.
You’ll analyse a host of new initiatives helping to improve access to vital services for individuals and communities.
Fight climate change and build disaster resilience
In the final week of the course, you’ll consider one of the greatest challenges to sustainable development. You’ll investigate the catastrophic impacts of climate change, and reflect on strategies for building disaster resilience.
By the end of the course, you’ll have an in-depth understanding of the Sustainable Development Goals, and a commitment to implementing them in your own life and community.
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain the meaning and examples of sustainable development goals
- Explore the relationship between human beings and environmental resources, and treat the land with care and love.
- Critique the relationship between earth energy and natural disasters and their causes and consequences
- Describe the theory and application of service learning
- Discuss and participate in understanding community care and teaching the elderly in the community how to exercise to stay healthy
- Empowering everyone who wants to participate, the joy of volunteering and the selflessness to educate young people from case studies.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone interested in learning more about the UN Sustainable Development Goals, and how they are being implemented around the world.
You don’t need any prior knowledge to participate in this course.
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.